Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Conference Call Notes from May 14

As part of many gathering participants response to COVID-19, there have been conference calls taking place alternating nights at 6 PM West Coast Time / 9 PM East Coast Time.

Discussions include to gather or not to gather, how to hold spring council, and other things as well.

If you want to be join, the next one takes place on May 20 and then every other night from there.

Dial 425-436-6350  access code 377587#.   This is a toll call if your dialing from a phone that charges by the minute.


Thanks to a anonymous person for taking notes. If you want all the details, you'll need to join in the fun.

***********************Begin Notes*************************


Rainbow Family Circle Call – #31 5/14/20


With new “circle stack” moderation process!
Notes from the call. Words and Ideas from the speakers on the call. 
No names are used. No identifying factors are included. Consent was gathered verbally on the call to publish these notes.  Enjoy reading them! 
Submitted by Sibling.


Started with an Aummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm….
1 host and 29 on call.
Love you all.
Lots of talk of going and not going to Idaho.
Last call, I feel like I have not heard anyone talking about the family in Idaho who councils on the land and I have not heard anything about how Idaho 2021 will take place.
New moderation technique--….., check in – name and where you are from and then there is a stack/circle when it is your turn, you have the feather, and you can  speak  three minutes
Happy Thursday.  I am gonna hang back and listen. Love to hear lots more than opinions.  Like the last call, I am glad things are being done in a circle.   It makes it easier – the circle process. I want to hear the information that everyone has and the opinions.
I do not have too much but --------- 7-9 eastern every Tuesday, call in Mutiny Radio.com – Call in, or read article from Always Free ---- exciting project!  Support Roach! RAINBOW SHOW!!!
I really appreciate the evolution of the moderation/facilitation.  And I want to make space and moving in a circle towards better moderation.  New people are asked to share who they are and where they are from. My hope is that we really leave space for the speakers to speak. And we can stay clear and concise.
Any one NEW?? Give your name and location –then you will be put in the circle stack.
I want to go camping this weekend, to the state park and all the camp sites are taken.  Everyone is out in the outdoors, people are rushing to decisions and this is not possible.  I do not know how it will work out in Idaho. Things are opening up. 
I am doing well. I was down, but now coming up.
Tomorrow night zoom conference – 8 PM eastern  Friday ---
I love all of my family. I enjoy this call.
I think a large national gathering cannot be done safely. WE do not know how to do it sagely. A gathering will not be done safely for the kids. 
One of my goals is to encourage online events, micro gatherings for the fourth.  Pull as much pressure from Idaho.
Any one NEW?? Give your name and location –then you will be put in the circle stack.
42 on the call
Good to hear you all.  Thank you moderator!
I am upset about not gathering, but I stand in solidarity with those not going –
There are many people working hard to find places for family to go.  It breaks my heart to see the fighting online.
I hope everyone is feeling safe and supported.
I have been listening to Idaho Public Health.  The last things to return to normal are large group gatherings – concerts, and such.  I know people will go to Idaho anyway, but I want them to trust in the science.  We do not want to get our family sick, the people were encounter enroute, and the local people in the towns. I would hate to have public health condemnation come down on us—every other event has cancelled.  We are all bummed, I will trust in the science and not the government – who is saying open up because the billionaires say to open up.
I am feeling that we should not go this year, too dangerous.  Lots of kitchens and CALM does not want to participate.
With consensus, we are looking for the BIG YES – and in this case, I believe what we have a BIG NO – 3 out of 20 – it seems want to go with the 17 saying NO.  Propose that the individuals that want to go – they should go, but step away from the rainbow name.
Idaho annual – as we know an annual to be is not going to happen, what it is – we can talk about that.  Micro gatherings – gather in place – suggested several things on last call – change protocols – change and evolve.  We need to look at how we can safely gather.  The world has changed, and we need to adapt.
Talked to the whole crew, we love everyone, we are on everyone’s team. WE are first responders and have one into some nasty situation. Number one, we can never put our people at risk.  The 2020 hurricane season, we need to get ready for that.
I love all you guys, I am not in opposition. We need to talk about mitigation of any risk for any situation we go into. 
Hi everybody.  I want to read some definitions
Altruismthe belief in or practice of disinterested and selfless concern for the well-being of others.
Selflessness - concern more with the needs and wishes of others than with one's own.

The difference between thought and feeling --   thinking rational knowing the difference.  How do you feel –if you use more than one word you are using a thought not a feeling.  One word=feeling.  I feel sad.  I feel angry.  I feel happy.
Across the globe,  people are being altruistic for the theoretical safety for others. It hurts  my heart that there are some rainbows that chose to gather, and I have no problem shaming them. It is a really bad idea to gather.  
Looking forward to gathering at a safer time.  Site specific risks.  Downplaying risks and cling for people to take those risks makes you complacent  in harming or death of other people. 
If you are going to do it do it small, and come prepared.
We are doing my favorite thing – talking – listening circle!  If you want to complain, show up at the circle, don’t sit outside and complain. WE need to respect the feather – the act of listening is an act of love. Every voice counts. There is no hierarchy. WE all are equal and deserve to be heard.
The function of the circle is not to lean on others to gain support for our idea. 
WE have three different issues- to allow for more personal space –  allow for personal fires ------increases smoke, increase fire risk, and increase lung issue ---- the smoke will allow come out of the valleys and endanger folks.
Watch for your kids – MIS-C  (multi-system inflammatory syndrome-child)or PIMS (pediatric inflammatory multi-system syndrome) – Pediatric inflammatory multi-system syndrome – Kids who have recovered and been discharged from hospitals are now getting sick. Watch the kids. There are things still unfolding with COVID – and kids are getting sick 6 weeks after exposure.
There are 46 on the call.

Hey family, thanks to the moderator.  I had a thought,  can we do a consensus poll on the call to see how many people want to go. My concern:  respiratory issues in the woods are hard enough to dealt with.  If people are going – what is the plan for CALM at the gathering? Wil there be support from local hospitals? AND what is the local, host family plan for this gathering? 
What I the plan to meet with the UFSF?
I love you. Two days ago, a dream.  Animal house theme – parade thru town, and the little rascal gets the baton and diverts down the alley to a dead end.  Big pile of people, and the little rascal get away.  The dream is the will of the rainbow people. The guys who stole the baton and the fools – the fools like the Tarot -  looking up to the sky dreamy taking a big step. The wall is the town, we can do this any year but this year. The town willing to be open to us. They do not want us there at all.  They will into welcome us. There is a serious lack of infrastructure all the old people who have experience and know how to cooperate will not be there.  You can do small picnic, but with the people that know how to do it will not be there. 
I have lots to say, but I will say, the gathering this year is cancelled.
Much gratitude to be invited to the circle, to sit in council
The gathering is a mirror of the bigger world.  Sanitation, utility, distribution of resources, and I do not think it is good to gather. There could be potential causalities. I would hate to see the people leaving gathering with Covid.  The gathering is already a complex creature. 
Idaho, we all need healing but really so what I the purpose – first amendment rights,  healing and keeping the silence and prayer for peace.  Celebrate people and ourselves, and our children
We can do all of that where we are, in our individual society.  Connect locally and pray for peace all in our own way, we can invite the whole world –be right where we are.
Have been traveling, it was an eerie journey, had to go to a funeral.  Looked up confirmed cases on our ride through Kansas --- meat packing plants, testing elevates the numbers. It was scary. The availability of testing makes the numbers high.  Restaurants are at 50%.
People are friendly, when pumping gas – used precautions. People are not as friendly to outsiders right now.   I urge anyone who has to travel to be cautious.
If you want to help kids, food stamps are easy to get right now.  Help travelers get food for themselves, help them get food for the dogs, pick up hitchhikers – but use hand sanitizer and give them a mask.
This call is to share and develop our collective knowledge.  Think together.
WE are awesome and we are doing awesome wisdom sharing.
For years, there has been a conscious ness that bigger is better ---- this year, bigger is not better.  Smaller is better that is common sense. Every micro gathering we have =- let us those use those to practice safety protocol. WE are going to be looking forever and the coronavirus will be with us for a while.  Practice good protocol.
Folks going to Idaho, please discourage others, and encourage tiny gatherings.
I think we really should focus on what we can do. There is a FB site –where we pretend to be a gathering. Upcoming skill shares: mental health. 
I love you all
In favor of postponing indefinably – until further notice, until we know more, and it is safe.
Loving you family, remember that the knowledge we have is…
2020 I da NO. IdaNO 2020 ------- Small gatherings only on July 4 – for silence and prayer for world peace. The gathering is not a protest – we come together to Aum and prayer. No more separation. Please if you go to Idaho, please do not use the name Rainbow --- we are in the middle of a pandemic. 
Due to a world-wide pandemic, it is a no brainer, it will be a mess.  Rainbow is not going to help you, call it a Liberty Gathering – but please do not drag the name into the mud.
Children are getting, mid agers are having strokes.  Remember 2020 IdaNO. don’t go.
We are a gathering of individual useless opinions. I think we should stay in solidarity. I can criticize anyone who chooses to gather in the rainbow name shall be criticized. Rainbow is a piece of my life, I have other things.  Please family do not gather in Idaho and if you do Please to not use the rainbow name, this will disrespect the whole.
Greeting, Love you all. Headline of article:  (Idaho newspaper)  “Idaho Virus linked to Family Gathering –please avoid social gathering with those not from your immediate family.”
1.      Who do I trust with my life and the lift of the people I care about?
2.      Shared sacrifice – we are all disappointed, not happy about not going.
3.      What is the right thing to do?  Not to go nor even help plan a gathering in Idaho
There are hospitals is Idaho – many rural areas do not have hospitals The potential sites do not have hospital, they have clinics. 
Who is the Idaho family, and there is to consensus from local family, but the ones that usually do things are not planning on interfacing with the USFS, hospitals, scouting.
Aummmmmmmmm from home of the fourth of July.
Read – from FB support for gathering Facebook page.
            “Let’s talk here, what actual stuff will we need, lime, shovels, picks, gloves, masks, we are allowed to gather in Michigan, talking more about lime. Stay home or go home?  Jesus kitchen will be attending.”
Micro gatherings everywhere, I love it.  Just as a thought, in their microness – and they may be a lot like the Idaho gathering.  I have great feelings that things will go great in Idaho—isolated groups, isolated eating, --- we have been talking about it lots.  I heard someone say those people are not rainbow—but, I believe that they are rainbow. Despite the lack of experience, they are still rainbow.  Don’t disrespect other rainbows.  Rainbows are rainbows.  No matter how long they have been going. Lots to learn.
I do not consent to this years’ gathering. I want to pray for the peoples’ minds and hearts that think that Idaho is a good idea.  I want to calm down.
My mother is sick – she was tested for Coronavirus – don’t know the outcome --- and  my father works for the Post Office --- should my children and I go to Idaho? I might be excited about going, do you think I should come to Idaho?   No, I stand in solidarity with postponement.
If we are talking about how people feel – Philly, rumors of a drum circle --- where we usually gather.  And some insist on holding picnic, I respect that but I will not  participate.  There are those who will sully our name in the eyes of the PHILLY police, who we have a really good relationship. We do not consent and we will not help those that make bad decisions to gather.
I want to say I am thankful for – my family is home, we are mini-homesteading.  I am looking forward to seeing my home this summer!  I am thankful for all that rainbow has taught me.
I got a call from my sister, she works in the hospital, she is sick. They won’t test.
I am organizing a micro scattering in PA – invite for travelers with nowhere to go.  One of our goals, in this scattering, quarantine for two weeks and then join together after two weeks!
The most outcry right now– family needs a place to go near New Orleans, may be a tough crowd.
Anyone new who wants to speak  45 participants
Two things: Postpone gathering for next year, FB page – have people who are in solidarity and a paper trail of those in solidarity.   That is a good place for people to state their explanation regarding postponement.  So we can show the world that we are trying to limit the impact of a gathering in Idaho.
I am not sure of mini-gatherings – 5-10 may be safe. Those mini-gatherings would have different names, it is arrogance and disrespectful that the people going to Idaho want to use the name RFOLL – if they want to go because the “have their rights” – go ahead.  But do not use the name --- the USFS is going to use that against us for the rest of our rainbow experience. This could devastate us in the PR area.  Please do not use the name rainbow name.
AUmmmmmmmmmm AT HOME – aummmmm at home, I support that!
Hello family.  I have been lurking – listening.   I respect the right of those that want to go to Idaho, I love the 17 and the 3 people – a consensus -----go do what you want to do, but you are the minority.  Our consensus to postpone is valid – we have history ---consensus by our feet.
I have not heard any real health preparation for Idaho – I do not see anyone making plans. I would hope that there are some that are listening – I would hope that they can come up with bet practices for cooking, serving, and logistic.  Idaho has the least amounts of Covid, we are bringing all of these virus shedders in from all over, and leaving germs where they shop. Please consider bringing all the things you needs.
The issue also is vision council ---- I hope that they would have enough respect to either have a consensus to go to Idaho or pass the decision off the wider group ( a suggestion is to bring vision council to Harvest/thanksgiving council)
Working on a list for micro gatherings, 7 people on list for hosting micro gatherings.
Keep me in good vibes, I have been in a bit of depression.  It is a bit crazy out there.
I love you all so much. I am glad that there is no ruckus on the calls!  I appreciate all of you.
I have been listening, I could not think of anything to say. There was so much heartfelt thoughts.
I stand in solidarity with the AUMMMMMMmmmmmmm from home!
A message – to FUG – we are praying for you.  Hang in there.
I was going to ask S__ T__ to sing a song, and my timing was perfect, S___T__ is going to sing a song!
Good to hear you all, stay healthy do what it is to keep yourself healthy – your meditation, your special herbs, we are filing an important niche in the world –praying for peace. Keep doing it.
Give thanks family.  Yes, I am in support of not gathering in Idaho.  I have some major health issues, and had lots of vision – I am hoping for local vision councils.  WE have all been trained for this – we need to keep our elders and children safe.  I hope that the local gatherings have vision and look for signs I hope the circles form.  I hope we have scribes from these vision councils to being to the bigger circles – we cannot stop gatherings we need to put others first.
SONG – we are circling, circling, circling together –
Shanti Sena skill shares – 5/21 Conference Call --- be the solution, breathe, think, hope and sing – and a little under my breath, I can use song to calm myself.   Another song – Shantisenaskillshare.blogspot.com  --- links to this call and the phone call 5/21 call.  Topic: Scouting and Site Shanti Sena!  Yes, they are connected!  Scouting safe and suitable sites.
Give thanks, give thanks  -- to you we do give thanks. 
Circle went all around! Now we get to go around again. Nice job and gratitude to the Moderator.
Everyone lots of important tonight.  The local community.  A thought is to have Vision Council during Harvest council.  I like that we are keeping communication open, factual info is important.  It has been a much better call than before.
I do agree, we are all rainbow no matter what we are trying to do.  But I do think , that we do not call every gathering our annual gathering so maybe the idea that we could call the gathering in Idaho to call it something else. Because the majority of people are asking for that.  My biggest thing about micro gatherings – you and your closets family – folks you have been spending time with – next to others who are completely self-sufficient.  So we are not traveling across the country and taking it to the next place we go.  Minimizing travel. Doing this shows how much we care about others especially the local communities. I understand the fear that one has about not following thru on one tradition.  I would those who still want to Idaho to please explain to me why you feel it is ok to potentially spread the virus to others.
AUMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
World peace is diminishing right now, and we are looking at more war.  To sit there, the only protests are armed militias. Our message for world peace should be heard this year.  WE really need to get out the word about world peace.  Our voice needs to be heard that we are concerned and how we do that is usually the rainbow gathering but you know, we will figure it out.
I was born ready!  Hello everybody. I think world peace is actually increasing!  I think tonight is the first time I actually heard some compromise.  There may be unity around things. If those who go to Idaho can keep it small, keep gathering small and low impact, change the name, and …. There is some hope for compromise.
It resonated with me --- a pro gatherer had stated --“Idaho is going to be a small gathering” – if they can show respect and solidarity for the family --- by not calling it the annual gathering – I would like to see the 17 versus the 3 – out of respect for the others to call it something else.  CONCERNS:     What happens at Vision council in Idaho? Do we have a split gathering next year? Will they consent to Idaho 2021?  If that could be a considered.  It is not the Annual because the majority of the tribes will not be there. 
Sending my love to you all. Stay safe, stay happy
Reminder micro gathering --- CLEANUP starts when you arrive. 
READING---
I am enjoying this conversation.  WE seem to be the big YES is to NOT go the gathering.  Anytime you are in a council situation, and we usually address the concerns.  The concerns: keep it small, do not call it the annual rainbow, what else?  The family and the family that wants to go need to feel comfortable – we can use council process to get there.  Working out concerns and getting to the big yes.

40 callers at hour 3 and a half
 A joke---
How can you tell there is no toilet paper left at the shitter? The last guy comes back with only sock on.
There have been hundreds and hundreds of hours spent on these calls.  233 hours of listening on last call. My respect and gratitude for the moderators.  Thanks for everyone coming together in this respectful way.  *6 to mute yourself.  *2 to see how many people on the call.
Aummmmmmmmmmmm from home, hell yeah!
I would like to take a quick minute to reach out to anyone who has an interest in sharing learning the skills to learn how to moderate these calls. HELP WANTED! Message Aaron Olson on FB, Lynchpin.
Thank you Moderators….
I have heard that the native Americans were going to help scout and I am wondering how we are going to keep them safe. And how will we keep the children safe.  Maybe consider on a site near a bigger city so there will be a hospital nearby.
Let us talk about what we can do. Barlow’s rule.  As long as your numbers are below 50, if there are 50-100 people, you need to start worrying more.  And if there are more, you need to start worrying more.  And save the chump change from magic hat for cleanup.
Those who say we are afraid of going to Idaho, I am not afraid.  Analogy crawling up under a car, I do that with jack stands, I do not see jack stands underneath this car.
Idaho USFS wants to stick with 10-person rule– snow at 6,000 feet – areas that are open are flooded with people.  USFS is driving around and checking out of state visitors.  Fishing and hunting – recommending people stay away – they are making an announcement beginning of June.  Thank you all, have a good evening, thanks for caring being on the is call.
I think it is good to have micro gatherings – two weeks before any gathering.  How will we accomplish this ---self -sufficient?  How do you handle circles, people without water nor food, no medicine? Who is going to treat the family? 
We are already being targeted. Family going to Idaho, I stand in solidarity with not gathering this year
Aummmmmmmmmmmm from home!
Vision council on a phone call.
These micro gatherings, we used to call it having a picnic.  Many years we go out to a little campout – a family picnic not using the rainbow name.  There are three parts – medicine when you are sick, testing and contact tracing. 
Through the years, all of our functions improve from experience.  Contact tracing at mini gatherings, at little picnics we know each other.  Maybe keep a contact log at micro gatherings , I know we are against that, but it may be beneficial to keep a log of who is at the micro gatherings.
Wash your coins and dollars – they need to be sanitized.
If you can, watch and listen do Dr. Rick Bright, the doctor that was recently fired from the HHS – whistleblower  -- important stuff.
Give old contacts a call, register to vote, if you use the internet, Dr. Google check your sources.
Aummmmmmmmmmmm from home.
I don’t NO—2020
Aummmm from home, I like that one.
Remember we are nature, keep the silence on the fourth, pray for peace, celebrate the children within you,  we can gather in time and not in space.
Help the ones you can help.
I am glad to hear people saying small, the words we use create our consciousness.
My thought is micro, mini, micro, mini, -- not driving long distance.  Really consider if info should go on light lines?  Maybe just word of mouth – not on Facebook. Maybe just picnic not gathering, minimize the number of vectors – especially coming long distance. 
Keep it Tiny – I love you all, keep it small.
Stay safe.
Auhmmmmmmmm from home.
One love.  Clarify some things from support page.  Pretty clear understanding with everyone that calling it an Idaho RB Gathering – lots of calling it other things.  People are making light of it and doing all kinds of things with that.  It is in all essence, the 2020 Idaho Gathering, people should be allowed to call it Rainbow Gathering. 
It is wonderful seeing people offering their skills, if you put on these conference calls, it is incredible, and I honor your effort.
Please post on the supporters page, even if you are not going. 
Any micro gatherings – zero impact – please do not impact the local food banks.  Negative impact of spanging and taking food from food banks.  They have been hit hard, please have zero impact on local resources.
I disagree with getting spit at, it happens often on these calls.  I do not know, but I say NO at 2020 and I disagree with the opinion that it is a rainbow gathering no matter what because most of the people here have expressed their disagreements.  Those who disregard this are not respecting the elders and true vision.
Loving you tootle loo- 
I want to refer back to --- Money is a vector.  The banks agree.  Money is made of linen and cotton, and holds the Covid virus for 2-3 days.  Sanitize your dollars and coins.
Poem
31 callers 
Aummmmmmmmmmmm from home.
Love hearing you all.
I hope it rings true to all – everyone is speaking from their hearts and scientifically – and go tiwht the consensus to not gather.
Another Poem-  St John of the Cross
3.5  hours 26 callers
I would like to hear from those who plan on going to Idaho – how are they going to keep it small?  What are their plans? 
Glad to hear that there is general consensus to not gather.
Thanks to the Moderator
There is a 2020 in the consensus
I love you all!  I have been feeling like the mother of unruly children, I am glad we are still talking and working together on this.  I want to say, someone said many calls ago – asked about how to get on k____ tribes email.
I am glad that our consensus process and how K____ is handling this year and becoming flexible – lots of tradition about council and internet and even conference calls.  We have found solidarity on the calls and we are working on counciling in these different ways.  WE are working on how to gather more safely. What does 150 people at a gathering need? 
We have so many years to gather, celebrate and exert our rights and work on better protocol ---------- we have many years to work on our pandemic protocol.
Taking people to Idaho is crazy.  Where I am Walmart still does not have toilet paper and there are meat shortages.
I love you all family, whatever I can do to help.
Song: Sacred Fire



Tootles!




























No comments:

Post a Comment